Saturday, June 2, 2007

Let me Cry for Just a Minute or Two

Let me cry for just a minute or two
for I have gathered my trembling
to the rise and fall of your panting,
where in the warmth of breathing
I breathe from you- as you from me, too.

Let me strip you in your nakedness
for I have seen your eyes close,
branding, refusing what you chose
to see as rough, in that pose
where I am reduced to the joy of blindness.

Let me travel to every moist part of you
for I have no other way
of claiming the skin and the you that lay
under the sheet of my moisture that, alone, may
enter, skin and I, into you.

Let me whisper the softness of this urgency
for I am about to expire in exhaustion.
You've tasted, felt and smelled every portion
of my body- as I to yours in our holy fusion.
Let us cry for- broken, we now have us.

johnmarc
published: Veritas Literary Folio 2007

2 comments:

stephkaz said...

it's as if i was there ;) one of your masterpieces.

johnmarc said...

teep... hehe. yes. I never actually thought that this poem would come out the way it did. I personally love this one. Full of images and metaphors. The form is there. I love it.
note: the last line broke the rhyme scheme. Notice that the line says, "Let us cry for- broken, we now have us." The message is clear and simple. Love deviates reality yet, it is everything to the person who loves.
Finally, yes... personal?
hehehe...