Saturday, June 2, 2007

I Woke Up Last Night

I stepped outside
last night
looking for a glimpse
of light
within my absent
you-sight.
Crying, seeing the
world's right.

What expectation
I held,
t'was only a moon
that weld
the warring light
and darkness-
reflecting my fiend
fullness.

At that moment, I
doubted
My self-defiance.
Branded
as I was. I could
not shed
I-worth to that...you
extend.
Lone, once more, outside
I cried.

It took your sent clouds
for me
to wake at your claimed
pure glee
and happy was I
to see
the moon that was and
will be

'Cause it was I, that
you smiled
at. And it was to
your chide
soporific, I,
a child,
stepped inside, and once
more... slept.

johnmarc

2 comments:

stephkaz said...

my favorite. this has a very special place in my heart.

johnmarc said...

teep. yep. I know. It is oof my most personal poems. Other than that, I took the liberty of working myself out in its form... just to make my first work for you extra special.